Sunday, October 19, 2008

Okami: The tale of a white wolf that is Amaterasu






Okami? What the heck is that?




Okami is a unique game that I fully recommend you to buy(Does that answer the question?). Well, it's a game that I bought long long time ago (during the pre-historic age that is [I know, LAME]). Here's my rating: Gameplay-9.2, Storyline- 9.1, Graphic-wise- 9.6, Camera angle- 7.7, Music- 7.8, Voice acting- 4 (at this point, I'm very generous as you'll get weary with the yametoruteyihasu). Overall rating is 9.1.




What makes Okami a must buy game?


For one thing, It involves lots and lots of japanese mythology and beliefs. So anyone who's interested to learn, you're welcome to play it (it's for PS2 btw). Oh fyi, Amaterasu in the japanese mythology is the God of Sun. The game reflect a lot of Japanese essence such as the Sakura (Cherry blossoms) and the story itself is about nippon (it means Japan in Japanese).




Secondly, It presents a rather unique trait as I had said earlier from the other games that I played. In this game, you'll be using a lot of the 'Brush technique' to play. The 'Brush technique' is the main course of the game since it displays a one-of-a-kind traits compared to other games(Unfortunately, I benefit nothing from promoting this game). For those who do not understand what I had talked about the 'brush technique', don't bother asking coz im not going to spit it out. Play it yourself.




Lastly, Why should you buy it? Coz I said so.




Enjoy the game, it is so satisfyingly enjoyable. One should not ignore the greatness of something.


One and three quarters thumbs up for the game (though the voice acting pulls the other thumb down) and that's saying something. I'm extremely picky in playing game. Trust me




Here's some screenshots for you to look at (the pics are nice, ain't it?)

Otherwise, you can check out the videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xkFhola3c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTUmo7enrs4

No comments: