Sunday, December 12, 2010

The moral of the story is...

Jangan bagi nama yang bukan-bukan (either real name or nicknames) to your child.

So this is the story of what happened today. My mom and I went to KB town to buy a few things. My mom complained a lot about knee pain (for about a week now), so she went to buy panadol actifast on the counter. I was on her right when she asked for the panadol. But since the panadol was placed next to the counter (not behind the counter, so it's quite difficult for the cashier to reach out for the panadol).


Then my mom said to me: "Yang, ambilkan panadol". But when she said that, she directed it to her left. She thought I was there since there was another guy (wearing the same dark blue shirt) standing there. So, Apa lagi! The guy was really shocked lah when my mom addressed to him. Imagine if there's a woman coming to a guy, saying that she's pregnant and the child's his. Imagine the reaction of the guy. Aaa, sama tah tu udah with the guy tadi ah.

Stammering and eyeing at the girlfriend for help (or perhaps out of guilt? haha). His expression was priceless. He thought my mom called him "yang" bah (short form for sayang = darling). Lucky the shop was half-full. All of us laughed (except the cashier, marung bah; mungkin harus dibedah kali muka atu supaya sentiasa senyum). I would be shocked too if an unknown person called me 'yang' all of a sudden. But he should have known better, manalah ada a mid-age woman panggil ko "sayang" tiba-tiba di public. Mungkin orang atu.... Ish Ish Ish.. haha

No comments: