Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanks for the memories!

Just last week, I was still considered as a hostel lite but not anymore. Now that I'm back in Kaybee, you can no longer call me a 'bandar-ian' (that's what my cousins called me).

I'm never good with words, in fact, every time i opened my mouth, people usually get hurt or I ended saying something stupid or something that got me into trouble. So, during the last day of my hostel life, I never get to say goodbye to my room. The room that had sheltered me for 4.5 years. With one last fleeting look, I left the room, feeling really miserable. It felt like you are being ran through with a heavily rusted blunt sword and the sword is then being slowly withdrawn. Yes! It felt like that.

M1/30, that's my room. Sorry, forgive me, that WAS my room. Thanks for the memories and thanks for your loyalty. I entrust you to the newer generations of the UBD-ans: please take good care of the room. In order to show how thankful I am to you, I include all the good things that you provided during my stay....

Here goes:
1) You can wake up whenever you want
2) You can sleep whenever you want
3) You can go wherever and whenever you want without asking for permissions.
4) You can hide yourself in the room, whenever you're feeling sad or angry.
5) Good internet connection compared to other parts of the hostel.
6) Very cool during the night
7) Fit just right for one person
8) You don't need to do any chores/ limited chores to do.
9) Minimal distraction such as from parents or from television and what not, so you can focus better in completing your assignments (yea, right!)
10) Great connection networks with friends and neighbors.

Blok M1


Room 30. My room for 4.5 years


My last day in hostel, back in year 2009 before leaving of to Japan

Thank you, thank you! You are forever cherished! :(

3 comments:

mumui said...

lawa ur room tan! i know how it feels... aku yang jarang tinggal hostel ni pun ri atu sdh sedih apa lagi kau tan yang for 4.5 years spend ur entire hostel times at that same room.. kami tukar2 bilik lagi each year.. expect the final two years bilik ku sama..hehe we r not hostelites anymore.... sob2.... great memories anyhow!

ftancy said...

thanks... dat was last year punya 'look'. this year, simple sebab aku malas bawa bnyk brg... bnrrrrr. aku batah ku tatapi on monday atu before mengunci pintu... sebak rasa hati... macam rasanya tangan mu kana putung saja. haha over kan?

Mumui said...

Haha except*

yes2 true!